TOPIC: old reporters that the Texans had some new wrinkle
1 month 2 weeks ago #2204954
HOUSTON -- Houston defensive end Antonio Smith apologized Monday for using the word "spying" about New England, but didnt exactly back down from the accusations he made after the Texans loss to the Patriots. On Sunday after Houstons 34-31 loss, Smith told reporters that the Texans had some new wrinkles in their defence and it was "miraculous" how the Patriots changed their offence to key on the defence. He said then: "Either teams are spying on us or scouting us. I dont know what it is." On Monday, he said that he thought reporters in Houston knew him well enough to know that he could be joking and still be curious about something like this at the same time. "Im sorry I said the word spying because of a prior engagement of them being caught spying before," he said. The NFL fined New England coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 and took away a first-round pick in the 2008 draft for videotaping New York Jets signals during a game on Sept. 9, 2007. Belichick said he thought that was allowed and apologized for what he said was a mistake in his interpretation of the rule prohibiting it. Belichick was asked on a conference call Monday morning if he saw Smiths comments. "Yeah, I saw them," he said. "I dont have any comment on them. I think thats a league matter." Houston coach Gary Kubiak also was questioned about what Smith said and refused to address them directly. "I have the utmost respect for their organization, their players, their coaches, their head coach and the standard that theyve been setting for a long, long time in this league," he said. "So ... they did a great job yesterday and have been doing it a long time." The loss extended Houstons franchise-record skid to 10 games. The Texans were up 17-7 at halftime before New England rallied for the win. Smith said Monday that he was surprised his comments caused such a stir and wondered why no one had a sense of humour about what he said. "Though it may be something I was curious about that kind of didnt seem right," he said. "Like how all of a sudden the change here? It wasnt a serious matter to where I was thinking: Aw man, theyre spying on us. Theyre cheating. Things like that to the point where it gets to a big story about me accusing them of cheating. Its me being me, being funny." Houston will try to end its skid Thursday night at Jacksonville. Richie Incognito Jersey . The (35-35-10) Jets have 80 points and are also playing .500 hockey on home ice this season with a 17-17-6 record. Michael Hutchinson will start his second straight game in goal. Tre Davious White Jersey . LOUIS -- To stay a step ahead of goaltenders, T. www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-73-bills...own-jersey.aspx.Mack, a reserve guard who came in averaging 3.8 points, made all six of his 3-pointers as the Hawks went 16 for 28 from behind the arc.Trailing 50-38 midway through the second quarter, Atlanta outscored Cleveland 89-48 the rest of the way and sent the Cavaliers to their largest loss of the season. Dion Dawkins Jersey . Everton Preview West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has been around the game long enough to not get too high when things are going well and not get too low when they arent. Adolphus Washington Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan looks at what the Blue Jackets may do to build upon last seasons success to return to the playoffs again next year.KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- The Atlanta Braves have been on a signing spree. So far theyve locked up first baseman Freddie Freeman, right fielder Jason Heyward, starter Julio Teheran, and closer Craig Kimbrel. On Wednesday, the Braves extended the contracts of general manager Frank Wren and manager Fredi Gonzalez. Wren and Gonzalez were entering the final years of their contracts and Braves president John Schuerholz simply said he wanted the deals to be done as soon as possible. Terms and the amount of the contracts were not disclosed. Schuerholz made the announcement before the first full-squad workout of the spring. "Theyve done wonderful jobs for us," Schuerholz said. "Were not going to talk about the lengths, but they have been extended." After a long first day with the full squad, Gonzalez said he was happy to have the contract issue out of the way. "Im excited," Gonzalez said. "It gives me a chance to stay in Atlanta and I love being here. This is a place I want to be for a long time. Im just happy with the whole thing." Last season, the Braves went 96-66 and won the National League East before falling in the playoffs. Gonzalez finished third in National League Manager of the Year voting. He has a career record with the Braves of 279-207. Gonzalez has a long history with the Braves as a third base coach under manager Bobby Cox. He started his managing career with the Florida Marlins where he served for 3 1/2 seasons. Wren has been in the Braves organnization since 1999 and replaced Schuerholz as general manager after the 2007 season.dddddddddddd Schuerholz said he was happy to have Wren and Gonzalez wrapped up before contracts became an issue during the regular season. "Its just not the way to run a company," said Schuerholz of spending the year negotiating contracts. These guys deserve better than that and thats why we did it." "Thats not something we wanted to avoid, its just not the way to run a company," he said. "And these guys deserve more than that, better than that, and thats why we did it." The four player signings along with the Wren and Gonzalez extensions, showed that the Braves arent afraid to spend money. On the four players alone, they spent $227.7 million. NOTES: Gonzalez got a chance to see RHP Brandon Beachy pitch and said he is impressed. Beachy was 2-1 with five starts last year after returning from Tommy John surgery. ... Gonzalez said he is still adjusting to the new rules regarding replay. The Braves will be allowed the use of replay three times during spring training. He said he is still trying to figure out the rules. He said he will likely have a part-time coach in the replay booth to send down signals on the calls. ... RHP Kris Medlen sat in front of the dugout at Champion Stadium to have his hair completely shaven to support awareness and funding for cancer research. Several cancer survivors helped out and Medlen said he felt fine about his new look after it was over. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
The administrator has disabled public write access.